Youth Arts Queensland (YAQ) is a social profit organisation for the benefit of youth arts and cultural development in Queensland.
YAQ is a membership body; suitable for young artists and industry professionals alike. We represent the interests of organisations and individuals working with, for and by children and young people, as well as young artists.
YAQ transforms people’s lives through the arts by improving, enabling and empowering children and young people’s access and opportunities to participate, engage, create and forge careers in the arts.
We provide support directly to young artists, to children and to their families, and the community networks that assist them. We provide collective representation to industry professionals in the youth arts sector, or individually advice as requested.
YAQ engages, inducts and connects young artists and artsworkers, but also engages, develops and connects professional youth arts communities with each other.
YAQ works closely with our members, industry partners, community-based organisations, educators and government bodies to deliver and provide:
- relevant and up-to-date information services and tailored advice,
- unique opportunities for consultation, collaboration and professional development,
- access to state-wide and national networks of industry and community practitioners, and;
- targeted engagement, training and career development opportunities.
- and more…
YAQ’s key aims for the next four years include:
- Leverage partnerships and connectivity
- Continue to improve state-wide focus and relevance
- Deliver demand-driven programming
- Lead by example with best practice, high quality governance
- Increase diverse income generation for sustainability of the organisation
YAQ is the recognised peak body for youth arts and cultural development in Queensland. It is legally recognised as an incorporated, not-for-profit, non-government, membership-based organisation.
YAQ is registered as a charitable fund and has deductible gift recipient (DGR) status, which allows YAQ to act as auspicing body for independent arts practitioners and allows donors to claim income tax deductions for donations made to the organisation.
YAQ has successfully been supporting young artists and professionals working with young people in the arts and creative industries for over 20 years.