You like writing songs and want to get some feedback from an established songwriter…
You’re good at organising events and want to get into festival production…
Dance is your life and you dream about working with Rafael Bonachela, Artistic Director of Sydney Dance Company…
We are here to help you with your creative ambitions!
There are many different ways to get your ideas off the ground. We offer…
- formal and informal mentoring programs on both state and national levels,
- accredited and non-accredited training and seminars,
- individual career mapping, consultations and advice sessions,
- unique networking, profiling and showcasing opportunities, and
- intern- and traineeships
…to support you in taking your career as an artist, artsworkers, cultural producers and / or creative entrepreneur forward.
Our current artist development initiatives for young people 14 to 30 years of age include;
- JUMP, the Australia Council’s National Mentoring Program for young and emerging artists,
- Starburst, a micro mentoring program for young arts practitioners in regional and remote Queensland,
- Transit Lounge Caboolture, a support program for young creative people in the Moreton Bay region,
- Navigation, our nationally accredited arts business training program,
- Career Pathways, free individual career mapping, consultations and advice sessions, and
- Young People Creating Queensland, a unique online platform that allows young creative practitioners from across the state to build their profile, connect, gain exposure and get recognised.
We also offer:
- Internships – project based work experience in our organisation
- Traineeships – on the job training and completion of a Certificate III in Business Administration providing a career start to young arts administrators
We also work with members and other organisations, professional artists and educators that provide alternative opportunities for young and emerging artists and artsworkers – contact us to find out more.