For over 30 years, Lowdown has been profiling youth arts companies, practitioners and projects from across the country. Throughout its history, Lowdown has provided a national forum for practitioners and emerging artists, delivering resources, opportunities and audiences for Australian youth arts. YAQ was the Queensland contributing editor for Lowdown Magazine.
In late September 2011, Lowdown closed its virtual doors after having moved from a print publication to an online portal, Lowdown Online, in 2010. Whilst Lowdown has come to a close, the many years of reviews and articles will live on through a project dedicated to recording and cataloguing the content of back editions of the print magazine. South Australian arts organisation, Carclew Youth Arts, is driving this online archive project.
2011 YAQ media releases
- Announcement of the 2011 Starburst regional mentoring program participants May 2011
- Music is coming to the Bay April 2o11
- Navigation arts business training on the Sunny Coast April 2011
- The Grassy Knoll – all local line-up for massive Youth Week gig March 2011
- Draw a picture, it’ll last longer workshops March 2011
- Local musicians on fast track to success March 2011
- Deadline extension for 2011 Starburst regional mentoring program February 2011
- Announcement of the 2011 JUMP particpants January 2011
- Winners of TLC’s 2010 FastFic competition January 2011